One of the things about my position that I really appreciate are the great resources that I see that I keep thinking might be helpful to you.
Do you know about “LEAD” – Living Every Day As a Disciple?” In a recent blog post, on the LEAD website, I read:
“6 years in, here are 6 things LEAD is learning from you:
1: Risk – Everything starts with people who are willing to take a risk. Leadership means sticking your neck out. Literally sticking your neck outside of your comfort zone even when there’s potential for failure.
2. Mindset – Growing a new mindset is like peeling an onion. One stinky layer at a time.
3. Generosity – Admitting that others definitely know more than you do about some things makes space for learning. Generosity is more than giving. it is also receiving.
4. Vision – Expecting more than you or anyone else thinks is possible, practical or popular is what it means to be visionary.
5. Behavior – Listening, centering, exploring, and connecting are still vital behaviors for personal and congregational growth. No exceptions.
6. Time – Teams of leaders + intentional process + new mindset + new skills + three years = transforming congregations. YES, 3 YEARS. THREE YEARS. As a great start.”
Check out the website: http:/waytolead.org to see what this ministry is up to as they seek to strengthen and empower transformation in congregations.
Yours, in service,
Pastor Peggy Paugh Leuzinger
Director for Evangelical Mission, Montana Synod